Babies, birth to three, have a lot to learn, but not all babies are learning as well as they can. Services for very young children, from birth to the 3rd birthday, are called “Early Intervention”. Early Intervention is a great way to help babies catch up or work on specific skills.
Early Intervention supports families of children from birth to their third birthday who have developmental delays or disabilities.
If you or someone else has a concern about your child’s growth or development, Early Intervention can help.
The Path to Great Learning Experiences Starts Now
- Early Intervention can reduce problems related to learning, behavior and health.
- Starting early helps your child feel more confident and gets learning on track. Mastering basic skills is important for success in school and your child’s future.
- Many children who receive early intervention do not need special education or other services later in life.
Early Intervention services focus on all of the basic and brand new skills that babies learn during the first three years of life. Babies learn best in the home and that’s why services are usually provided in your home at a time that is convenient for you. We know your life is busy and we help you learn how fun, playful activities can help your baby develop important skills.
- Communication: Helping your baby understand language, use words, speak clearly and follow simple requests or directions.
- Motor/Physical: Learning skills such as reaching, rolling, crawling, and walking.
- Social Emotional: Helping your baby feel secure and happy by offering ideas to decrease frustration and improve behavior.
- Thinking: Helping your toddler work on matching, pointing to pictures, playing and other age appropriate skills and concepts.
- Self-Help: Beginning to learn self-care skills such as eating, dressing and toileting. The goal for your child is to begin to become more independent and master new skills.
Learn More or Refer a Child
Make a Referral:
All Early Intervention Referrals should be submitted through the Early Intervention Colorado Online Referral Form: Early Intervention Colorado | Oec_eireferralform (force.com)
All EI In-State transfers need to happen via the Transfer Button in Unicorn. Any additional information and/or a transfer letter for those cases can be emailed directly to email@example.com.
Children 3 to 5 years old: Child Find Form
For More Information:
- Call (719) 691-6163
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for TCRC EI Providers: Provider specific information can be found in the provider intranet: