In the United States 1 in 3 families struggle to afford diapers.
Access to diapers is an essential need for a child’s well-being, similar to food, shelter, medicine and devoted care. Unlike other basic needs such as food and heat, federal and state “safety-net” programs including the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) or the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) do not provide provisions to help families with obtaining diapers. This is where we come in!
ARE YOU IN NEED OR DO YOU KNOW A FAMILY IN NEED OF DIAPERS?
- All families who would like to receive diapers must have a completed Diaper Request Form on file, which is dated within the past 6 months.
- Families are eligible to request diapering supplies up to once per month. Families will be required to sign to confirm receipt of supplies each time they make a request.
- All families must be Baca, Kiowa, or Prowers County residents.
- The children listed on the form who are receiving diapers must have a birth date prior to the day the family is picking up diapers. You may request diapers for new babies after they are born.
- Families with children under the age of two are encouraged to contact Care Net Pregnancy Center first if they are in need of diapering supplies. However, we will provide diapering supplies for children of any age who are in need.
- Upon completion of the Diaper Request Form it must be submitted to The Cornerstone via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person at 310 E Olive St, Lamar.
- Fulfillment of diapering supply requests is contingent upon availability of the diaper sizes and supplies requested. Once a request has been received, the diaper allotment will be prepared and the family will be contacted to arrange pick-up. The Cornerstone Resource Center’s business hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm. We are located at 310 E Olive St, Lamar, CO 81052. Pick-ups can be scheduled at anytime during normal operating business hours.
- Families who are eligible may receive approximately one month’s worth of diapers in the size requested, as well as up to two packages of wipes and one tube of ointment per child once per calendar month. All distribution amounts are contingent upon availability.
- Families are eligible to receive diapering supplies once per calendar month. For example, if a family receives diapers on January 2nd, they will then be eligible to receive their next allotment on February 2nd or the next business day if the date falls on a holiday or weekend.
For any questions or for additional information, please contact us at 719-691-6089, or email@example.com