Take the Pledge: https://forms.gle/PbrB4jpkWzrM6tDNA
COMMUNITY CONNECTOR PLEDGE
I KNOW THAT The Cornerstone Resource Center is a place where anyone can connect to for support and information. As an individual that cares strongly about the community in which I live and work, I desire to participate in the Community Connector program. By participating in the Community Connector program, I pledge to:
- Recognize that people come from many different backgrounds and life experiences.
- Recognize that helping others helps build a stronger and healthier community.
- Understand that the “5 Protective Factors” are a proven way to support families:
- Communication: it is important for parents to help their children learn to communicate – especially communicating emotions in a healthy way and learning how to interact with others
- Knowledge: it is important for parents to have knowledge of their child’s development so that parents have appropriate expectations
- Relationships: we all build strength, resilience, and knowledge through our relationships with each other – positive relationships help all of us to thrive
- Resilience: understanding that resilience is not only the ability to “bounce back” but to come through tough times and grow from the experience
- Support: everyone needs a little help sometimes and The Cornerstone Resource Center is an essential community resource for connecting families to support
- Connect people to resources that they need to thrive and connect families and individuals to The Cornerstone Resource Center for additional support.
- Ask for help when I need it.
WHO: The Cornerstone Resource Center and several area partners came together to discuss a positive way to support the families and residents of our communities. One way to support families and individuals, when there is a need of some sort, is to connect them to resources in our area.
WHO ELSE: Hopefully you! Our hope is to create a team of community members throughout Southeastern Colorado that have a desire to help others and know how to connect them to resources in their communities.
WHAT: A Community Connector is a person, a family, or an organization that is willing to take a pledge to help others by connecting them to The Cornerstone Resource Center.
WHEN: There’s no better time than now!
WHY: To build healthy communities, thriving families, and strong individuals.
- To promote the “5 Protective Factors”
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Social Connections
- Parental Resiliency
- Concrete Supports in Times of Need
- To reduce the stigma that is often felt when asking for help
- To reduce the stigma that can be felt when offering help to others